We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. All donations are tax deductible.
Give the planet a gift by supporting our efforts with a one-time, tax-deductible donation.
Give a unique, heart-warming gift to IEDRO on behalf of a friend or family member.
Remember a loved one by supporting a cause that has a lasting impact on the earth.
Rick Crouthamel D.Sc on how saving data can help save lives
To understand and accurately predict global climate change, it is critical that weather data spanning hundreds of years be collected from locations across our entire planet and made readily available to researchers worldwide. A plethora of historic weather observations have been incorporated into databases by industrialized nations. However, for developing countries which represent two-thirds of the planet’s land mass, historic data have been spotty or missing.
In addition to climate change, digitized historic weather observations enable countries to:
- Improve community planning; change requirements for constructing and reinforcing buildings, bridges and public services to withstand predicted severe weather.
- Educate farmers concerning the real frequency of drought; and educate them to plant more appropriate crops and how much to save for the famine years to avoid starvation.
- Enable public health officials to forecast the direction and speed of insect-borne disease outbreaks, enabling them to take preventive measures and save thousands of lives.
- Provide flood prediction models with historic precipitation and runoff relationships, dramatically improving flood and mudslide warning accuracies.
Data rescue is a monumental task that we cannot do alone. We need your support to make it happen. Your donations will go directly to help IEDRO accomplish our mission in three ways.
- Operating support for oversight of data rescue projects.
- Starting up and maintaining data rescue projects.
- Educating the public through our website, presentations, conferences, and newsletters.
We have reached a critical moment in the history of the Earth. Your choice to act can affect the future of our planet.